- Open to all eligible patrons.
- Wearing a face covering is mandatory at all times! Sanitize your hands & practice physical distancing.
- Entering and exiting is through our main entrance only.
- Browsing the collection is authorized.
- Children's room is open to browsing only at this time.
- To check out books, DVDs and other materials, you have some options: check out our catalog at https://NavyLibrarySubaseNewLondon.org.
- Option 1: Stop in and browse then check out item at main desk.
- Option 2: Email us at Library.NSBNL.email@example.com or call 860-694-3723, and let us know what items you wish (limits per patron still apply). We will retrieve your material, check it out for you, and bag it up ready for your pick-up at our main desk.
- Option 3: If you don't know what you wish, you may speak with us at the main desk, and we can make recommendations.
- Five computers, with printing are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Conference room booking use will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- All returned materials must be placed in the external book drop, found just outside our main entrance.
The Subase Library and Tickets & Travel, both in one facility – is a true favorite with all visitors and patrons at SUBASE. We have many resources available for the sailor and their family members including over 2,000 educational and entertainment DVDs, over 14,000 books for all ages, and over 200 videogames for PS4, XBOX One, and Nintendo Switch.
SUBASE Library is known for its wide variety of programs for all ages, including book clubs for all interests, the Summer Reading Program, United Through Reading, and much more. It has a great conference room next door, which is routinely booked for FRGs, training, homeschool meet-ups, and many Library programs and events. Coming soon, the Library will be home to a Makerspace, a hub of hands-on education and innovation!
Tickets & Travel is your gateway to information on MWR, and our beautiful region of southern New England. We sell discounted tickets for Regal Cinemas, Six Flags New England (in season), Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, and other selected attractions. We have researched and created many informative DIY brochures to help you explore your new home—either visit us to take these away, or click and download to the right, on this page. Current ticket price lists are also available.
Other amenities include:
- Over 14,000 books, including the CNO’s Reading List, SUBASE Leadership Reading List, many travel and recreational guides, and much more.
- Over 500 books on CD.
- Children’s Room, with a great collection of books, toys, and board games—a fun place for families.
- Large collections of Young Adult books, graphic novels, and manga.
- Study Guides for CLEP, SAT, ACT, etc.
- NavyMWRDigitalLibrary.org – over 30 databases, including ebooks, audiobooks, classes, magazines, newspapers, music, films, and much more.
- Current magazines and newspapers for your inhouse reading.
- Interlibrary Loan – if we don’t own it, we will get it – about 1-2 weeks for delivery.
- Free wi-fi, scanning, faxing, and printing and Internet access from our 9 PCs or your device (limit of 8 pages.)
- Comfortable, mobile seating and tables for BYO device, easy to use and quiet space for your work and study needs.
- TV with XBOX One and PS4 for your inhouse play.
Tickets & Travel:
- American Forces Travel.com – the DoD’s one-stop, DIY source for military discounts for air, hotel, cruises, and events – we provide guidance as needed.
- DIY rack cards and brochures for all kinds of local and regional attractions, including military discount information.
- Walt Disney World Military Salute tickets, Universal Orlando Military tickets, and a variety of other military discounted tickets.
- Regal Cinemas and Six Flags New England (in season) tickets, both with military discounts.
Assumption of Risk Disclaimer
In connection with your purchase of Universal Orlando products and your visit to Universal Orlando, including Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure, Universal’s Volcano Bay, Universal CityWalk, and the Universal Orlando Resort hotels, please be advised that you must follow Universal Orlando’s policies, CDC guidelines and the recommendations of health officials. Please note that any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and Universal Orlando cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit. By visiting Universal Orlando, you acknowledge and agree that you assume these inherent risks associated with attendance. When you enter Universal Orlando, you understand that you are subject to the Universal Orlando terms of service (including arbitration, class action waiver, assumption of risk, and infectious disease release of liability) located at www.universalorlando.com/safetyinfo
How are we doing? We value your feedback and would like to hear from you.